5.04.2010

Just passing the time..

Well hellooo there! The title today somewhat rings true. Since I found out last week that my company was being acquired I have been counting the days until we file our 10-Q this week because after that, its a tad downhill. Even though there has been no formal announcement about my departments jobs, being the non revenue making group we are it is pretty much guaranteed that we will be out of jobs. The whole thing hit me pretty hard and I think I am still trying to let it sink in. Hey what can I say, I like my co-workers and we have a good time with one another.

On the bright side of it all, a friend of mine got laid off last week (well that isn't the bright side part) but our "pity-party" Friday night was. M fired up the grill and I popped open the champagne (of the red label of sorts of course). It took me a little while to get out of bed on Saturday but once I did all hell broke loose in our front yard. Weeds beware, I am after you! I cannot wait until I finally get it in good shape (hopefully in time for the housewarming party). My neighbors confirmed what M and I thought, the previous owners only mowed the lawn for the past 5 years, anything else, forget it.

As the weekend continued into Sunday we headed out to Clayton (remember my love for their Oktobeerfest?) for their Art and Wine Festival where we had absolutely gorgeous weather, 83 to be exact. We spent the day outside and then headed home to grill up some food with my sisters. I seriously love having a home and having a fiance who loves hosting as much as I do. This is what our home is for, us and all our loved ones. I am off to catch some zzz's. 

Here is to a brighter tomorrow...

No comments: